Thermal cameras to see water damage
Flood Repair Tips
What is a thermal imaging?.
The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
What is a thermal imaging?
Thermal imaging is a technology that incorporates thermal cameras to see water damage. It allows its user to see on a screen a picture or video of changes in temperature on just about anything such as pictures, walls, ceiling, floor or objects. It can see portions of walls and floors distinguishing parts that are dry from those that are wet facilitating cleanup and repair saving money and time.
Thermo Imaging Technology prevents unnecessary repairs by determining locations of damage and preventing unnecessary destruction to floors and walls sometimes needed to locate damaged areas, once again saving the consumer money and unnecessary labor and materials.
The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
InterNACHI list the benefits ofThermal Imaging devices as
- “It’s time-saving.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It allows examination of areas that are not visible to the naked eye.
- It allows examination of areas that are difficult to access, such as tall ceilings.
- It allows for larger areas to be examined quickly.
- It helps locate sources of moisture intrusion.
- It helps determine the extent of moisture intrusion.
- It allows the user to trace the moisture intrusion through other affected areas.
- It provides visual documentation of moisture intrusion.
- It identifies moisture without the need for direct contact in potentially unsanitary areas, such as behind toilets.”