3 Unexpected Consequences of Fire Damage

Posted on: November 26, 2014 | By: Michael T. | damage mitigation, fire damage clean up, fire water damage restoration California, water damage repair

fire water damage restoration California

3 Unexpected Consequences of Fire Damage

One of the most devastating events a homeowner can face is a fire. Flames can engulf and destroy a house in just a matter of minutes, erasing every single memory the family created there. Although materialistic pieces, along with sentimental trinkets, are not the first thoughts that comes to mind, the reality of dealing with fire-damaged property is daunting.

If you or your family is experiencing the aftermath of a recent fire, Allied Restoration Company is here to help. Our technicians offer a 24/7 response line to make sure we can get to you as soon as possible. To find out more about how we can help, call us at 415-529-5637 today.

1. Smoke Damage

Fire creates smoke and that could cause trouble for your home, furnishings and personal possessions. Almost every item in your home could fall victim to smoke damage—from the upholstery to your furniture, clothing, wall hangings, window treatments and carpeting.

Because smoke residue is often sticky and oily, it can be extremely difficult to remove. Smoke residue also gives off an unpleasant lingering odor, which can coat fabrics and other materials in your home.

For tips on how to burn firewood correctly, visit baaqmd.gov.

2. Water Damage

It’s no secret that water extinguishes fire, but what may not be so obvious while firefighters are fighting the flames is that water can actually pose additional risks to your home and belongings. Water damage can lead to bacterial growth, musty odors and the proliferation of mold. Water damage can also destroy fragile materials like fabric and paper.

3. Mold Growth

If left unchecked, water damage can lead to mold. Mold grows in dark and damp areas, and can be difficult to discover at first. Wood, drywall and your home’s ventilation system are susceptible to mold growth.

In addition, mold gives off an unsightly appearance and unpleasant odor. Mold is also hazardous to your health. Toxic black mold can cause respiratory problems and even death. This is why it is so important to hire an experienced professional to remove mold.

Contact a Professional

If you’ve recently experienced a fire at your home, you should hire an experienced fire damage restoration company as soon as possible. Allied Restoration Company provides fire damage remediation, as well as San Francisco water damage services. To learn more or schedule a visit, call us at 415-529-5637 today.